Can't list files in a federation of HDFS

Hi,

I have configured in 2 hosts (hadooop-coc-1, and hadoop-coc-2) a
federation of HDFS. In the configuration, I have set a namespace in each
host, and a single data node (see image). The service is running
properly. You can check the output of the |jps| commands in [1].

The strange part is that, when I list the files, they do not appear in
hadoop-coc-2. You can check the output in [2]. Why this happens?

hdfsfederation

[1]: jps output

|xubuntu@hadoop-coc-1:~/Programs/hadoop$ jps
21538 NameNode
21773 DataNode

xubuntu@hadoop-coc-2:~/Programs/hadoop$ jps
2342 NameNode

[2]: hdfs dfs -ls / output

|xubuntu@hadoop-coc-1:~/Programs/hadoop$ hdfs dfs -ls /
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: You have loaded library /home/xubuntu/Programs/hadoop-2.6.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
15/03/03 05:09:04 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Found 1 items
drwxr-xr-x   - xubuntu supergroup          0 2015-03-03 04:47 /input1

xubuntu@hadoop-coc-2:~/Programs/hadoop$ hdfs dfs -ls /
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: You have loaded library /home/xubuntu/Programs/hadoop-2.6.0/lib/native/libhadoop.so which might have disabled stack guard. The VM will try to fix the stack guard now.
It's highly recommended that you fix the library with 'execstack -c <libfile>', or link it with '-z noexecstack'.
15/03/03 05:09:07 WARN util.NativeCodeLoader: Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable

​

Re: Can't list files in a federation of HDFS

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
For HDFS federation,  data share all datanodes, but namespace is separate,
so did you write some data on hadoop-coc-2 namespace?  you don't need to
login hadoop-coc-2 then write data, just config a new client, which connect
to hadoop-coc-2 for write.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.