Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Andy LI <li...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/22 01:14:04 UTC

override proxy.config.http.server_session_sharing.match in remap rule

Hi all,

We find a problem when we set overridable config
*proxy.config.http.server_session_sharing.match *in the remap rule. That
config type is defined as string here
<https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/master/mgmt/RecordsConfig.cc#L375>,
which is same with ATS manual, but it’s also defined as integer if we
override it from remap rule
<https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/master/src/shared/overridable_txn_vars.cc#L104>,
and only integer format is supported in the remap plugin due to this code
<https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/blob/master/plugins/conf_remap/conf_remap.cc#L98>
 both in 9.0.x and master.

We discussed it in the slack channel today, to make things consistency,
we’re planning changing the override type for this config to string. I’ll
submit a PR for it and please let me know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Xin Li