Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Eichner, Sebastian" <s....@s2neueinformatik.de> on 2007/01/11 17:51:34 UTC

Externalize sitemap.xmap location property

Hello!

I have to modify the configuration of an Cocoon-based web application
(Cocoon 2.1.9, Tomcat 5.5.17, JDK5), and I am trying to externalize some
configuration parameters.

I would like to configure the location of the base sitemap.xmap via
servlet params or servlet context attributes.

Is it possible to do something like this:

In cocoon.xconf:
<sitemap check-reload="yes" file="${sitemap.base.location}" />

In web.xml:
<servlet>
  <servlet-name>Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
    <param-name>sitemap.base.location</param-name>
    <param-value>/var/www/content/sitemap.xmap</param-value>
   </init-param>
</servlet>

I searched the docs and the ML-archives but did not find an solution for
my problem.
The goal is to produce one war file which can be deployed in different
environments.

Thanks for your help!
 Sebastian

Re: Externalize sitemap.xmap location property

Posted by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com>.
On Jan 11, 2007, at 8:51 AM, Eichner, Sebastian wrote:

> I have to modify the configuration of an Cocoon-based web application
> (Cocoon 2.1.9, Tomcat 5.5.17, JDK5), and I am trying to externalize
> some
> configuration parameters.
>
> I would like to configure the location of the base sitemap.xmap via
> servlet params or servlet context attributes.

Hi Sebastian,

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to do that?

—ml—