Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/27 16:46:52 UTC

[Vote][Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 Release Artifacts

Hi Devs,

  I have packaged and uploaded the Apache Axis2/C 1.3.0 release artifacts at
[1]. <http://people.apache.org/%7Esamisa/release/1.0.0/final/>  The key used
to sign the release artifacts can be found at [2].

  Please test, review and vote on the release artifacts for Apache Axis2/C
1.3.0 release.

  I have tested and reviewed them and here is my vote: +1

Thanks,
Dinesh

1. http://people.apache.org/~dinesh/release/1.3.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Edinesh/release/1.3.0/>
2. http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis2/c/KEYS

--
http://nethu.org/

Re: [Vote][Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 Release Artifacts

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

   We have kept vote open for more than 72 hours and we did not get
   any -1. We have 8, +1's including 3 PMC votes.

Summary
-------
Dinesh Premalal  (WSPMC)
Samisa Abesinghe (WSPMC)
Damitha Kumarage (WSPMC)

Dushshantha Chandradasa
Manjula Peiris
Milinda Pathirage
Senaka Fernando
Bill Mitchell

I will close the vote and proceed with the release.

thanks,
Dinesh

Posted by Bill Mitchell <bm...@austin.rr.com>.
In addition to the release Windows binary (libxml2), I built the Windows source using libcurl and guththila, and it worked fine.

Here is my +1.

Thanks,
Bill Mitchell

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.
Tested both source and binary on Windows. Looks good.

Here is my +1.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Dinesh Premalal wrote:
> Hi Devs,
>
>   I have packaged and uploaded the Apache Axis2/C 1.3.0 release
> artifacts at [1].  The key used to sign the release artifacts can be
> found at [2].
>
>   Please test, review and vote on the release artifacts for Apache
> Axis2/C 1.3.0 release.
>
>   I have tested and reviewed them and here is my vote: +1
>
> Thanks,
> Dinesh
>
> 1. http://people.apache.org/~dinesh/release/1.3.0/
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Edinesh/release/1.3.0/>
> 2. http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis2/c/KEYS
>

> --
> http://nethu.org/

Samisa Abeysinghe
Software Architect; WSO2 Inc.; http://www.wso2.com/
email: samisa@wso2.com; cell: +94 77 753 7913

"Oxygenating the Web Service Platform."

Re: [Vote][Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 Release Artifacts

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dinesh,
I have tested following scenarios,
- All samples
- Sandesha2/C
-Savan/C
with Guththila/libxml2 in Linux platform. Seems to be OK for me.
Here is my +1
thanks
Damitha

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Bill,

Well there was this request in making Guththila the default parser but it
seems that it never became accepted by most devs. However, the concern was
in making it default after 1.3.0, which is possible.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Re: [Axis2]Making Guththila default parser (Re: [Vote][Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 Release Artifacts)

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
> Bill,
>
> "Bill Mitchell" <bm...@austin.rr.com> writes:
>
>> Dinesh, I noticed when I unzipped the 1.3 build that there was no
>> guththila.dll, which implies to me that it was still built with libxml2
>> as the
>> parser.  As there are no open guththila Jira reports, I don’t think
>> there is
>> any reason guththila can’t be the default parser.  Even though this
>> was raised
>> as a suggestion a month ago, my guess is that no one remembered, after
>> all the
>> issues were fixed, to go ahead and change over the default.Â
>
> I guess what we had was a discussion regarding make guththila default
> parser, and no decisions made regarding that. Although all the issues
> were fixed, lets give sometime to module implementers to play with
> Guththila as the default parser.
>
>> It’s probably too late at this point to switch, but I wanted to bring
>> it to
>> your attention.  It may be that during the 1.3 development cycle,
>> guththila
>> actually received more use and testing than did the libxml
>> interface.
> Even though it was well tested with Axis2/C scenarios , I think
> guththila is still didn't test much with other modules (like
> Rampart/C, Sandesha/C, Savan/C etc). I would suggest to move forward
> with making Guththila default parser after having feedback from other
> module developers.

+1,

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Bill,

Posted by Bill Mitchell <bm...@austin.rr.com>.

Posted by Manjula Peiris <ma...@wso2.com>.
I have tested both source and binary packages on linux. works fine and
here is my +1.

-Manjula.

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi All,

I have attached a diff of modifications. However, still a few issues exist
which I can't decide on my own on what should be done. I think Dinesh you
got to decide these.

1. COPYING has more content than LICENSE (shouldn't the two be the same in
content?)

2. need to add samples/LICENSE

3. /docs/mail-lists.html has the CVS Commit Message mailing list. Are we
adding this online?

All other issues will be solved by this diff.

Re: Issues in 1.3.0 Release Artifacts (Re: [Vote][Axis2]Axis2/C 1.3.0 Release Artifacts)

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
Hi Dinesh,

Raised an issue on this. Therefore, +1 for the Linux Binary artifact.
Tested on Ubuntu 7.04, and Ubuntu 7.10.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.