Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch> on 2017/06/26 08:50:29 UTC

Re: Struts 2.5.11 not serving iclass icons [resolved]

Am 26.06.2017 um 10:23 schrieb info@flyingfischer.ch:
> Am 26.06.2017 um 09:04 schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
>>> I detected a strange issue. The problem is not present in 2.5.10.1 but
>>> only in 2.5.11:
>>>
>>> In jsp: <i class="fa fa-envelope-o"></i>
>>>
>>> This will not show up as icon, but as kind of scrambled text. Using
>>> struts2-tiles-plugin.
>>>
>>> Hard to imagine to be struts related, but could this still be possibly
>>> related to any of the recent changes?
>> Rather it isn't related to the latest Struts version, just checked on
>> my example app and everything looks good, the icon is there. Maybe
>> some JSP caching, or broken recompilation of JSPs...
>>

>> Regards
> Using FontAwesome
>
> I am on thin ice: I fear the images do display as kind of textual
> representation of private use unicode code points, which they should
> not. I'll try to dig deeper...
>
> Markus
 Using

resolves the issue. But I still suspect a change in coding / treating
unicode in Struts.

The CSS starts with @charset "UTF-8";

Markus

Re: Struts 2.5.11 not serving iclass icons [resolved]

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
> Tomcat serves the JSP as Unicode/UTF-8. The css is served as ISO.

So this means something is wrong with Tomcat configuration, right? Or
you still see the issue?

Regards
--
Łukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Struts 2.5.11 not serving iclass icons [resolved]

Posted by "info@flyingfischer.ch" <in...@flyingfischer.ch>.
Am 26.06.2017 um 11:17 schrieb Lukasz Lenart:
>>  Using

>> resolves the issue. But I still suspect a change in coding / treating
>> unicode in Struts.
>>
>> The CSS starts with @charset "UTF-8";
> Can you check how does it serve by a server?
>

> Regards
Thanks for your patience!

Checking in browser => encoding

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.