Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 14:17:10 UTC

configuring products for a jewelery store

Hi,
Following is the requirement for a jewelery that store sells bracelets. How
do I configure and get the final price of the bracelet.
* Input the weight of the bracelet in gms
* Add extra weight called wastage.  For example 10% of the weight of the
bracelet
* The value of the bracelet is dependent on the weight of the bracelet
* Add making charges to the bracelet

Example for the price calculation:
Cost per gm of gold = $32
Weight of the bracelet = 10 gms
Extraweight(wastage) that needs to be added = 10 * 0.1 = 1
Making charges = $100.

Final price = (weight + wastage) * cost/gm + makingcharges.
Final prices = (10 + 1) * 32 + 100 = $452.

Is this possible to configure OOTB

Thanks
-Aswath

Re: configuring products for a jewelery store

Posted by aswath narayana <as...@gmail.com>.
Any thoughts on this please...

Thanks.
-Aswath

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 5:47 PM, aswath narayana <aswath.satrasala@gmail.com

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
doable with customization.

aswath narayana sent the following on 8/20/2009 12:42 AM:

--
BJ Freeman
http://www.businessesnetwork.com/automation