Posted to user@aries.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/01 02:18:51 UTC

Re: configurable blueprints

On Jun 30, 2010, at 2:35 PM, jamie campbell wrote:

> This might be a stupidly easy question or an unsolveable one.  I googled, checked the r4.core and r4.cmpn , and the felix and aries sites, wasn't able to find the answer.
>
> I'm trying to take the next logical step with openjpa in karaf : a configurable datasource.  The blog sample has a blueprint file specifying a hard coded database name, blogDB.  I put together a bundle for datasource configuration management, and started writing my own derby bundle.  It's easy to get my derby bundle to access the common datasource config (databasename, host, username, password, etc), but .... then what?  I referenced the blog-datasource bundle, and I can't tell whether I'm able to write a blueprint file referencing configuration, like $dbname_param style, or whether I can bypass using a blueprint.xml and instead register the services "in code".  If I register them in code, I'm not sure how to translate blueprint.xml syntax into equivalent in-code context.registerService() calls.
>
> I'll gladly rtfm if there's an fm to r and someone can point me at it :) , otherwise help is much appreciated...

I don't think there's a manual yet.  I think you are looking for blueprint config admin support, which is currently partly described in an osgi spec under development.  There are some namespace handlers that do some of this in a not-yet-spec way in aries blueprint, IIRC the module is something like blueprint-cm.

thanks
david jencks