Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <o....@dplanet.ch> on 2003/03/01 13:03:04 UTC

Re: MultipartPostMethod creating malformed headers?

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 21:29, Daniel Walsh wrote:
> >What library are you using to parse 'multipart/form-data'
> > formatted requests?
>
> We actually have our own classes to parse a multipart/form-data formatted
> request.  I guess they could be a bit outdated at this point, or possible
> never were completely spec compliant themselves.  The specification has
> remained the same since August of 1998, right?

That's the reference I used when working on the multipart post
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2388.html

Looks like it has been last updated in August of 1998

> >Can you post the response headers? You could use wire log to see them.
>
> I'm not familiar with wire log.  These are the headers that I get by calling
> multipartpostmethod.getRequestHeaders() and
> multipartpostmethod.getResponseHeaders(), respectively.  Although, my
> understanding was that multipart/form-data formatted requests contained
> multiple sets of headers for each part in the message.  If that sounds
> correct, I've yet to find the way to extract each part's headers.  ...I'll
> try to come up to speed on wire log.

Please refer to the HttpClient logging guide for instructions.

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

You might need to get the latest CVS snapshot, though, in order to be
able to obtain a complete wire log that would include request/response
body content

> From what I have here, I don't see a content-transfer-encoding header...

I did not mean HTTP request headers, rather those of multipart/form-data
content parts.

    --AaB03x
    content-disposition: form-data; name="field1"
    content-type: text/plain;charset=windows-1250
    content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

    Joe owes =80100.
    --AaB03x

Cheers

Oleg