Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Newman, Billy" <Bi...@itt.com> on 2009/06/05 19:15:13 UTC

Debugging file lock problem

I am having a problem where I am getting lock timeouts when trying to write to my index file.  It would be nice if I could turn on logging to see which server/application has the lock and when.  Is there a way to see the lock information without changing code?

Thanks,
Billy

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.

Re: Debugging file lock problem

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
This doesn't exist today, but it'd be straightforward to implement
your own LockFactory that is verbose?

Mike