Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au> on 2002/02/20 07:39:07 UTC

Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

I'd like to propose Marc Saegesser as a committer on HttpClient. Mark
has posted some great functional patches for HttpClient in the last week
and is an active user with great ideas for taking it forward.

Also, most of the 'usual' HttpClient committers are also busy with other
projects, so Marc has lots more time than anyone else to keep the
project moving forward.

+1's?

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
http://www.multitask.com.au/developers

Re: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> I'd like to propose Marc Saegesser as a committer on HttpClient. Mark
> has posted some great functional patches for HttpClient in the last week
> and is an active user with great ideas for taking it forward.
>
> Also, most of the 'usual' HttpClient committers are also busy with other
> projects, so Marc has lots more time than anyone else to keep the
> project moving forward.
>
> +1's?

+1.

Remy

Re: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
+1

dIon Gillard wrote:

> I'd like to propose Marc Saegesser as a committer on HttpClient. Mark
> has posted some great functional patches for HttpClient in the last week
> and is an active user with great ideas for taking it forward.
>
> Also, most of the 'usual' HttpClient committers are also busy with other
> projects, so Marc has lots more time than anyone else to keep the
> project moving forward.
>
> +1's?
>
> Marc Saegesser wrote:
>
> >I haven't had a chance to look at the existing test cases in depth yet.  I
> >should be able to duplicate the existing test cases for the HttpMethod based
> >stuff into tests for the HttpUrlMethod classes without much trouble.  I'll
> >see what I can do.
> >
> >The other stuff is a little harder to test.  For example, testing the 100
> >status respose thing requires finding a server that repeatably sends the
> >response at the unexpected time.  The only one I have right now is my online
> >banking site and I'm not posting my username/password for that site into the
> >test cases :-)  Same thing for the broken relative Location header.
> >
> >As for time to deal with this stuff.  I've been a jakarta-tomcat committer
> >for over year.  I worked primarily on the 3.2.x stuff and since that's now
> >over I've got time to spend elsewhere.  Since I'm working heavily on
> >HttpClient for my own application I'd be more than happy to help out around
> >here if the other committers will have me.
> >

> >Marc Saegesser
> >

> --
> dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
> http://www.multitask.com.au/developers

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-> http://husted.com/about/services

Re: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

Posted by co...@covalent.net.
On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, dIon Gillard wrote:

> I'd like to propose Marc Saegesser as a committer on HttpClient. Mark
> has posted some great functional patches for HttpClient in the last week
> and is an active user with great ideas for taking it forward.
>
> Also, most of the 'usual' HttpClient committers are also busy with other
> projects, so Marc has lots more time than anyone else to keep the
> project moving forward.
>
> +1's?

Marc did an amazing work with tomcat3.2.
+1 for having him as a commiter for jakarta-commons !

Costin

Re: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

Posted by dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>.
Thanks for that Craig.

Welcome Marc!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
+1

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail:
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, dIon Gillard wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:39:07 +1100
> From: dIon Gillard <di...@multitask.com.au>
> To: Jakarta Commons Developers List <co...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Proposal: New Committer - Marc Saegesser
>
> I'd like to propose Marc Saegesser as a committer on HttpClient. Mark
> has posted some great functional patches for HttpClient in the last week
> and is an active user with great ideas for taking it forward.
>
> Also, most of the 'usual' HttpClient committers are also busy with other
> projects, so Marc has lots more time than anyone else to keep the
> project moving forward.
>
> +1's?

I'm not a committer on HttpClient, but want to offer my enthusiastic +1 on
this ... Marc has done a tremendous job on Tomcat.

Craig McClanahan