Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Karl von Randow <ka...@orac.net.nz> on 2001/10/08 03:03:03 UTC

Using ejb-ref in Tomcat 4.0.1-b1 web.xml and JBoss

Hi all,

I'm trying to access an EJB on a JBoss server (not with embedded Tomcat)
from Tomcat 4, and have successfully done so using the "start
with -nonaming" suggestion and a custom jndi.properties, as suggested
earlier on this list.

However now I cannot use the "ejb-ref" elements in the web applications
web.xml file, as "comp" is not bound... I take this to mean that JBoss
doesn't create comp environments for web applications - whereas if I use the
built InitialContext in Tomcat I can use the comp/env etc.

Catch 22!

Any help would be fantastic.

Kind regards,
k@rl

Re: Using ejb-ref in Tomcat 4.0.1-b1 web.xml and JBoss

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
You can only use the comp/env to reference ejb's if you are running tomcat
embedded in an ejb container.  or at least that's my understanding.  I
think the comp/env that does come with tomcat is primarily aimed at
providing access to datasource objects and the like...

I'm not 100% on this, but pretty sure (I run tomcat embedded).

cheers
dim