Posted to dev@pivot.apache.org by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/10 02:16:22 UTC

HTML 5 Input components and Pivot

Hi to all,
just a quick link on an interesting reading on Forms in HTML 5 :

http://diveintohtml5.org/forms.html

I think that to stay in the same field, we should be able to let users
of Pivot applications have at least the same experience (and easy to
use, for example like attributes in wtkx files). Some of these
features are already available today in Pivot, but others not ...
comments ?

Bye,
Sandro

Fwd: HTML 5 Input components and Pivot

Re: HTML 5 Input components and Pivot

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
When you reply, please try to be as specific as possible regarding any shortcomings you see. Pivot already supports many of the proposed features in HTML 5, though not necessarily in the exact same form.

Also keep in mind that there are many, many valid use cases for HTML, whether version 4, 5, or later. Pivot and other RIA toolkits simply fill a different niche (smaller, perhaps, but equally valid)...

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Greg,

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.