Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Geoff Ballinger <ge...@mobileacuity.com> on 2009/03/17 15:33:06 UTC

No Ivy jar in IvyDE?

	As far as I can tell the Ivy plugin does not correctly install the Ivy
jar into the Ant classpath within eclipse - needed to put it in manually
after the install. I guess this is probably a bug or am I missing
something? Thanks!,

				Geoff.

Re: No Ivy jar in IvyDE?

Posted by Geoff Ballinger <ge...@mobileacuity.com>.
Daniel Dekany wrote:
> Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 10:13:17 AM, Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
>>> But maybe the maintainers of IvyDE should publish a separate plugin
>>> ("IvyAnt" or something) within the same "site" that does that. That
>>> would prevent the surprises (since most users just check the top-level
>>> node of the site in the Eclipse installer, hence grab all the
>>> plugins), also then user could benefit from the Eclipse plugin
>>> installer/updater facility.
>> IvyDE 1.4 used to install ivy in Eclipse's ant classpath, but at that time Ivy
>> was bundle into IvyDE. Now that IvyDE and Ivy are packaged as separated OSGi
>> bundles, it is not possible to make Eclipse add the Ivy bundle to the ant
>> classpath, it has to be "overpackaged" (Eclipse needs a jar of a jar).
>> Then as you suggest, a new plugin would be needed. You are welcomed to open a
>> jira issue about it :).
>
> But why me? :) Anyway, here it is:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-171

Thanks for that - is the kind of technically small thing which can make
a big difference to uptake of a new tool. Cheers,

Geoff.

Re: No Ivy jar in IvyDE?

Posted by Daniel Dekany <dd...@freemail.hu>.

--