Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saunders Jack <ja...@volvo.com> on 2004/06/16 16:12:23 UTC

[users@httpd] Host Header not being rewritten

I am reverse proxying to a webserver inside our network to the outside world.  The application content is generated by Microsft Content Management Server.  However the links are broken due to the fact that the internal server address is added.  I donot seem to have this issue with any other applications that I proxy to.  I have ran a packet trace and donot see anywhere there is an absolute path calling the internal fqdn in the application code.

Proxy rules:
ProxyPass               /                       http://serverA.host.com/
ProxyPassReverse        /                       http://serverA.host.com/

Packet Trace shows this
HTTP: GET / HTTP/1.1
HTTP: Host: serverA.host.com

HTTP: GET /index HTTP/1.1
HTTP: Host: serverA.host.com

Running Apache/1.3.28 - I cannot upgrade to Apache2 due to some dependencies.

Any thoughts?