Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Matthias Boehm <mb...@us.ibm.com> on 2016/01/02 21:11:43 UTC

Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Hi all,

I'd like to delete our old SparkTC/systemml repository because it's causing
unnecessary confusion and it's anyway outdated. For example, even
"developerWorks Open" is still referring to the old repository.

@Luciano: Could you please delete the SparkTC/systemml repository if nobody
objects by this Friday? Thanks.

Regards,
Matthias

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Mike Dusenberry <du...@gmail.com>.
Yes I would like access as well, please.

-Mike

--
Mike Dusenberry
GitHub: github.com/dusenberrymw

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Just wanted to bring up a few points.

1) In addition to pom.xml project version, there is a SYSTEMML_VERSION in
_config.yml that is used for version number references in the
documentation. This is patterned after the Spark documentation (see
http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.5.2/). Notice version number included in the
Spark documentation.
2) This version will be tagged in git, right?
3) It would be nice to get snapshots of the documentation onto
http://systemml.apache.org/ for each version released (at least 0.9.0,
probably not 0.8.1). This should include analytics on the pages. Right now
the latest generated project docs get generated at
http://apache.github.io/incubator-systemml/ and do not include analytics.

It will be great to have a first Apache release! Luciano, please let me
know if I need to make any updates to http://systemml.apache.org/ for
downloads/releases.

Deron

From: Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
To: "dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org" <de...@systemml.incubator.apache.org>
Date: 01/06/2016 09:48 PM
Subject: Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Frederick R Reiss <fr...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

From:	Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
To:	"dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org"
            <de...@systemml.incubator.apache.org>
Date:	01/06/2016 09:48 PM
Subject:	Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Agreed. Sounds like a great idea.

Posted by Matthias Boehm <mb...@us.ibm.com>.
Actually, I'd like to propose to release 0.8.1 as a maintenance release
under our Apache github repo this week. From my perspective, it would be
the perfect time for that because meanwhile our Spark backend has been
stabilized.

Regards,
Matthias

From:	Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@systemml.incubator.apache.org
Date:	01/06/2016 05:05 PM
Subject:	Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

One other issue. Is it possible to download the SystemML 0.8.0 binary
release from anywhere besides https://github.com/SparkTC/systemml/releases?

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wednesday, January 6, 2016, Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> One other issue. Is it possible to download the SystemML 0.8.0 binary
> release from anywhere besides https://github.com/SparkTC/systemml/releases
> ?
> If the repo is private, users can't download these binaries. So perhaps we
> need to migrate the 0.8.0 binaries to the new site until 0.9.0 is ready?

We cannot add a non-apache release as part of apache. So, we should just
work on a official Apache release.

--
Sent from my Mobile device

Re: Cleanup SparkTC/systemml repository

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias,

I agree. If I do a Google search for "systemml", the old GitHub site comes
up on the first page of Google results and the new GitHub site doesn't,
which is very confusing to new users.

Deron