Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Logeshwaran <lo...@msystechnologies.com> on 2017/03/24 11:39:47 UTC

.Net consumer is not at all receiving message

Hi,
I am new to ActiveMQ. I am just trying examples which is given by ActiveMQ.

Producer is working fine but consumer is not at all receiving message

Following is my code

using Apache.NMS;
using Apache.NMS.Util;
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            try
            {
                Uri connecturi = new Uri("tcp://localhost:61616");

                Console.WriteLine("About to connect to " + connecturi);
                IConnectionFactory factory = new
NMSConnectionFactory(connecturi);

                using (IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection())
                using (ISession session = connection.CreateSession())
                {

                    IDestination destination =
SessionUtil.GetDestination(session, "TestExample");
                    Console.WriteLine("Using destination: " + destination);

                    // Create a consumer and producer

                    using (IMessageProducer producer =
session.CreateProducer(destination))
                    using (IMessageConsumer consumer =
session.CreateConsumer(destination))
                    {
                        // Start the connection so that messages will be
processed.
                        connection.Start();
                          producer.DeliveryMode =
MsgDeliveryMode.Persistent;
                        // Send a message
                        ITextMessage request =
session.CreateTextMessage("Hello World!");
                        request.NMSCorrelationID = "abc";
                        request.Properties["NMSXGroupID"] = "cheese";
                        request.Properties["myHeader"] = "Cheddar";
                        producer.Send(request);
                        // Consume a message
                       ITextMessage message = consumer.Receive() as
ITextMessage;
                       if (message == null)
                        {
                            Console.WriteLine("No message received!");
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            Console.WriteLine("Received message with ID:   "
+ message.NMSMessageId);
                            Console.WriteLine("Received message with text: "
+ message.Text);
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            catch (Exception e)
            {
                Console.WriteLine(e.Message);
            }
        }
    }
}
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4724094/QueueStatus.png>
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n4724094/waitingForResponse.png>

Thanks in advance

Re: .Net consumer is not at all receiving message

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
61616 is an Artemis port.  Can u try a build from master if it's Artemis ?

Clebert Suconic

Re: .Net consumer is not at all receiving message

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.