Posted to users@maven.apache.org by dan tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 07:12:42 UTC

Re: Best practice for creating & distributing a projects install bina ries?

In your final build module ( assume you are using multiprojects build here)
use a combination of maven-dependency-plugin and maven-assembly-plugin
to prepare a file system foot print that your InstallShield can work on (
invoke thru maven-antrun-plugin).
Once all the installers are ready, use build-helper-maven-plugin to attach
the installer(s) to maven so that
they can be deployed thru deploy phase.

There are discussions about getting maven-assembly-plugin to support
InstallerShield/InstallAnywhere type,
but they not taking shape yet.

Hope it helps

-D