Posted to dev@streams.apache.org by Danny Sullivan <ds...@hotmail.com> on 2013/06/12 14:02:51 UTC

Message Splitter

Hey everyone,
To test functionality, instead of adding "this, is, my, split, message" to the List returned by the split method in PushActivityConsumer I added the original json activity string (the "activities" parameter) to the List. This issue is reported here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-17. While I think my change is useful for testing purposes, I wanted to get an idea of what the "split" method is actually supposed to be doing before I submit a patch.
Danny

Re: Message Splitter

Posted by Jason Letourneau <jl...@gmail.com>.
The real split is supposed to be splitting an array of activities -
ideally I think the deserialization from JSON (string) happens in the
splitter and the return object is an array of activity objects that
get placed on the q for processing by subscriber delegates