Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2008/07/05 13:10:27 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] An inherited "Maven Projects" menu for on all our sites

Thanks to everybody who came up with idea for improvement!

I'm going to start implementing this now. To start out in an agile way,
I will put this into the Maven site. That way we can easily change
things and just push out a new site.

When we have settled in on what we want I'll start moving it over to a
parent.

Brett Porter wrote:

> On 30/06/2008, at 5:00 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>
>> Vincent Siveton wrote:
>>> Excellent work Dennis!
>>> About the "Maven projects" list, I think maven 2 should be in first to
>>> improve the usability.
>>
>> I doubt it will make things more usable. I find that ordering stuff
>> alphabetically is more accessible that having them ordered by
>> "importance". Simply because what is important to you might not be
>> important to the next guy.
>>
>> Also accessing the main Maven site, which is where you'd go when you
>> click on "Maven 2", will be easily accessible from the breadcrumbs at
>> all times.
>
> Agreed. However, personally I'd drop Maven 1.x from the list and rename
> Maven 2 to Maven.
>

>>> In this case, wdyt to put a list with expanded sub projects (not sure
>>> about the rendering)
>>
>> Not sure I follow you here. Do you mean we should turn each sub
>> project's menu item into an expandable menu? If so, what would the
>> menu items of that menu be?
>
> Maybe for shared components and plugins this would make some sense?
>
> Last bit of feedback from me: I think the jump out arrows are erroneous.
>
> Thanks Dennis!
>
> - Brett
>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Vincent