Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Bruce Edge <br...@nextissuemedia.com> on 2014/11/25 00:49:19 UTC

org/apache/sling/event/EventUtil.java toString deprecated?

The comment in bundles/extensions/event/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/event/EventUtil.java
states that this toString is deprecated:

/**
     * Improved toString method for an Event.
     * This method prints out the event topic and all of the properties.
     * @deprecated The new event admin version provides a better toString() method
     */
    @Deprecated
    public static String toString(final Event e) {

I couldn't find an alternate Event toString(). Where is this "event admin version" ?

thanks in advance.

-Bruce

Re: org/apache/sling/event/EventUtil.java toString deprecated?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 25.11.14 um 00:49 schrieb Bruce Edge:
> The comment in bundles/extensions/event/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/event/EventUtil.java
> states that this toString is deprecated:
>
> /**
>      * Improved toString method for an Event.
>      * This method prints out the event topic and all of the properties.
>      * @deprecated The new event admin version provides a better toString() method
>      */
>     @Deprecated
>     public static String toString(final Event e) {
>
> I couldn't find an alternate Event toString(). Where is this "event admin version" ?

That's not released yet but will be part of the R6 release of the event
admin api. Event is a class and we added a better toString
implementation directly to the API class.

Regards
Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler