Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anthony Chater <AC...@ICGroup.nl> on 2001/12/14 10:42:24 UTC

Struts Dreamweaver extension

We are testing the Compuware Struts tag Dreamweaver extension in
MacromediaUltradev as this appears to be the most complete Struts visual
tooling around.  However we are not having 100% in achieving what we need.

Our situation is as follows :
We receive HTML files from a design bureau and convert them to JSP files
which we then load into a site in Ultradev. We then "doctor" the jsps with
the Struts tags.  What we want to do is roundtripping with the design bureau
:
By this we mean that when minor changes occur  we want to be able to zip up
the whole site and send it back to the design bureau.
They should be able to work with the (now JSP and Struts tag-enabled) pages,
make their changes, zip up the site and send it back to us so that we can
continue working.    (We would ensure that the design bureau had the
necessary tag library extensions to load into their Ultradev work
environments)

There are 2 questions which arise here :

1. Is our concept of roundtripping outlined above feasible?

2. Most important :  assuming we set up our site with a live datasource
which the actions can call,  will our Struts-enables pages then be rendered
in Ultradev the way they actually appear or will we still get the "flower
symbols" in place of  Struts tags and the layout discrepancies which now
occur.

Anthony Chater