Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Dawei Liu <at...@163.com> on 2020/04/03 15:51:42 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-03-27~2020-04-03)

Dear community,

I am very happy to share with you again the IoTDB weekly news.

The weekly has been published for 2 weeks and received enthusiastic feedback.
we update the weekly report template according to the suggestion,
more let people easy to understand IoTDB development.

Have a good weekend.

[Message Board]
1. Don't forget everyone who died from the COVID-19
2. Add performance testing result for every performance optimization PR

[Big Event]
1. Distributed version is developing, Raft log persistence,
   add or delete nodes, and other functions (welcome to join🔥)
   #958 Serialize raft log
   #975 Refactoring raft log module

2. 0.10 online upgrade tools are developing (welcome to join🔥)
   #983 Upgrade tool

3. SQL - PreviousFill,GroupByFill are developing (welcome to join🔥)
   #931 Accelerate Previous Fill
   #854 Group By Fill

4. IOTDB-573 Construct AbstractIoTDBThread and catch all Exception
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IOTDB-573

5. The new TsFile structure was merged and written at the same speed as the original structure,
   but 30% faster for the original data query,
   70% faster for the aggregate query,
   and 80% faster for the count(*) query
   Welcome to #855 if you are interested in learning about updates

6. Merge with the official website repository,
   add Chinese character support in the Session interface,
   and optimize the SeriesReader, TimeGenerator, etc

Thanks
---
Dawei Liu

Re: [ANNOUNCE] IoTDB Weekly News (2020-03-27~2020-04-03)

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Thanks Dawei! The report looks very good.

--
Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院

Posted by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dawei.
Xiangdong Huang

   #958 Serialize raft log
   #975 Refactoring raft log module

2. 0.10 版本在线升级工具,火热开发中 (欢迎各位加入🔥)
   #983 Upgrade tool

3. SQL 语法 PreviousFill,GroupByFill 主体框架成型 (欢迎各位加入🔥)
   #931 Accelerate Previous Fill
   #854 Group By Fill