Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jose Rozanec <jo...@mercadolibre.com> on 2016/04/04 18:00:11 UTC

Hue 3.7.1 issue at EMR 4.3.0: fails to install Hive Editor

Hello,

Today morning we started getting an issue at Hue instance, when creating an
EMR cluster with Hive/Hue. At this link we provide the trace we get, when
attempting to setup Hue's Hive Editor: http://pastebin.com/LTN15k7r
Did anyone face this? A few days ago we had no issues creating a cluster
with this same configurations.

Thank you in advance,

Re: Hue 3.7.1 issue at EMR 4.3.0: fails to install Hive Editor

Posted by Jose Rozanec <jo...@mercadolibre.com>.
Hello,

Just for the record: we found out that a property
at /etc/hue/conf.empty/hue.ini was not matching Hive configurations: at
Hive we had authentication set to a value different from NONE; while at Hue
configuration we found security_enabled=false
After changing the value to security_enabled=true and restarting the
process, we got it running as expected.