Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Beau Hebert <be...@bestnetpc.com> on 2002/07/31 17:39:23 UTC

Tomcat Root Context

Hi-

I have recently managed to to configure Tomcat 4.0.4 and and Apache
2.0.39 to work together properly on Win2k. I am able to view and execute
the Tomcat example files (localhost/examples) through Apache without a
problem. However, once I place a new folder in Tomcat/webapps, edit the
Context path accordingly in server.xml, restart Tomcat and try to view
the application in my browser (e.g. localhost/newfolder), I receive a
404 error. My server.xml Context path entry looks like this:

<!-- newfolder Context -->
        <Context path="/newfolder" docBase="newfolder"
         debug="0" reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>
                     prefix="newfolder_tutorials_log." suffix=".txt"
           timestamp="true"/>

Am I missing something? Thanks in advance.

Beau