Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2015/04/23 22:24:32 UTC

[ApacheCon] Volunteers needed: Audio editing

Nick Burch and the TAC recipients recorded some of the content from
ApacheCon, and we need some help editing it down to usable bits.

Here's how it'll work

What you need:

1) Audio editor. Audacity is always a good choice, since it's free and
available for every platform
2) Time, patience.
3) A place to upload finished files

How you do it:

1) The files are at http://people.apache.org/~nick/raw-acna15-recordings/

2) At https://etherpad.mozilla.org/acna-2015-audio we'll keep track of
who's working on what, so that we're not wasting time/effort. Indicate
who you are, and the file that you're working on.

3) Download a file, split it into tracks. Audacity has a tool for doing
this. Tutorial is here:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/splitting_a_recording_into_separate_tracks.html
  Name the resulting files after the day and the track and the talk
number. eg Monday_HTTPD_01.mp3

4) For each of these files, go back and trim off the dead air at the
beginning and end.

5) Upload the resulting files to a public location and put that location
back into the etherpad. From there, I'll post them on FeatherCast.apache.org

Thanks.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon

Re: [ApacheCon] Volunteers needed: Audio editing

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net>.
Kevin's talk in the Community track had the same situation. I've
finished the Community track, but it's going to take some time to finish
the upload - might want to check it tomorrow.

http://bitnebula.com/tmp/
When file sizes stop changing, it's done ;-)

--
Daniel Ruggeri

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <dr...@primary.net>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Daniel Ruggeri <DR...@primary.net>.
It looks like the

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org>.
On 23/04/15 21:24, Rich Bowen wrote:
> 1) The files are at http://people.apache.org/~nick/raw-acna15-recordings/
>
> 2) At https://etherpad.mozilla.org/acna-2015-audio we'll keep track of
> who's working on what, so that we're not wasting time/effort. Indicate
> who you are, and the file that you're working on.
>
> 3) Download a file, split it into tracks. Audacity has a tool for doing
> this. Tutorial is here:
> http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/splitting_a_recording_into_separate_tracks.html
>   Name the resulting files after the day and the track and the talk
> number. eg Monday_HTTPD_01.mp3
>
> 4) For each of these files, go back and trim off the dead air at the
> beginning and end.
>
> 5) Upload the resulting files to a public location and put that location
> back into the etherpad. From there, I'll post them on
> FeatherCast.apache.org

If anyone wants to edit a session into a video for posting to youtube,
either as audio with single banner display, or by manually working out
when slides advance based on what the speaker said + you remember...

Attached is a 1024x768 image from the LF which we can use as the first
(or only) frame of any videos made from these recordings for youtube (et
al) posting.

Thanks
Nick