Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by iparra <ip...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/13 12:44:54 UTC

Permission

Hello,

is possible download from your web the open office and put this file in my web in order that the people could disburden it?

Thank you very much

Xabier
www.iparra.net

Re: Permission

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 6:44 AM, iparra <ip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is possible download from your web the open office and put this file in my web in order that the people could disburden it?

Hello Xabier,

Yes, the Apache License permits you to redistribute OpenOffice from
your website.  But you are also welcome to link to our website.  That
way you do not need to host the large files and use your bandwidth.

Also note that we have a Basque homepage for OpenOffice here also:
http://www.openoffice.org/eu/

Ideally a community volunteer would help us update that page, so it
had links to the specific Basque downloads.  Then 3rd party sites
could simply link to that page.

Regards,

-Rob