Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com> on 2007/08/06 22:29:36 UTC

[s2] s:component and reading parameters

I'm trying to use the <s:component> tag to create a re-usable set of fields
in a form. In my JSP:

  <s:component template="addposition.jsp">
    <s:param name="name" value="foo"/>
  </s:component>

In template/simple/addposition.jsp, I have:

<%@ taglib uri="/struts-tags" prefix="s" %>

Name: <s:property value="%{parameters.name}"/>

For some reason, this doesn't work.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Can templates be JSPs or do they have to
be FreeMarker/Velocity?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Struts' <s:component> tag accomplish
the same thing that can be accomplished with JSTL's <c:import> and <c:param>
tags? If so, it seems that JSP 2.0 tag files are a much more elegant
solution than <s:component> or <c:import>.

Thanks,

Matt

Re: [s2] s:component and reading parameters

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.
Here's how I'm referencing the component/template:

  <s:component template="addposition.jsp">
    <s:param name="name" value="'partnerPosition'"/>
  </s:component>

In my addposition.jsp, I added:

<s:set name="field" value="%{parameters.name}" />
<s:property value="fieldErrors[field][0]" />

This doesn't render the error for "partnerPosition". However, if I change it
to:

<s:set name="field" value="%{parameters.name}" />
<s:property value="fieldErrors['partnerPosition'][0]" />

...it works.

In my textfield tags, parameters.name is resolved correctly, so I know I'm
passing the proper value. I just can't figure out how to pass it in as a
literal value to the fieldErrors map.

Matt

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mraible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.