Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Maik Schreiber <bl...@blizzy.de> on 2005/10/24 14:29:04 UTC

Non-scoring fields

Hi,

Just a quick question: How do I add non-scoring fields to a query? Set boost to 0?

To be more specific, my documents have a "permissions" field containing the
names of groups who are allowed to access the document. When searching, I
search for the particular user's group (a user is in exactly one group).
Searching in the "permissions" field adds to the score, however, so that more
restrictive documents (having fewer groups in the field) tend to get a higher
score, thus showing up more towards the top of the list. I just don't want
that, though...

--
Maik Schreiber   *   http://www.blizzy.de

GPG public key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1F11D713
Key fingerprint: CF19 AFCE 6E3D 5443 9599 18B5 5640 1F11 D713

Re: Non-scoring fields

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Montag 24 Oktober 2005 14:29, Maik Schreiber wrote:
>

>>Just a quick question: How do I add non-scoring fields to a query? Set
>>boost to 0?
>

> Yes, just use permissions:blah^0

However, a side effect of this is that Explanations are broken (return
always "0.0: match required").

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Index downwards compatible?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Eva,

Please see the CHANGES file (you can see it directly in the
repository), where we record all important changes to the code,
including index compatibility changes.

Otis

Re: Non-scoring fields

Posted by Maik Schreiber <bl...@blizzy.de>.
>>Just a quick question: How do I add non-scoring fields to a query? Set
>>boost to 0?
>
> Yes, just use permissions:blah^0

Cool, thanks.

Re: Non-scoring fields

Posted by Daniel Naber <lu...@danielnaber.de>.
On Montag 24 Oktober 2005 14:29, Maik Schreiber wrote:

> Just a quick question: How do I add non-scoring fields to a query? Set
> boost to 0?

Yes, just use permissions:blah^0

Regards
 Daniel