Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Scheuner <sc...@cos-data.de> on 2000/05/30 19:41:49 UTC

RE: Asking the right mailling list (was: Re: Serious error in Xalan -- parsing stylesheet PIs -- URGENT.)

Hi!

> I really need to make Cocoon output decimal entities instead of
> using a charset (I mean it should output '&#233;' instead of 'é')
> but I don't know which part is in charge of this.
> Cocoon ? Xalan ? Xerces-J ?
>
> --
> Sebastien Koechlin

A quick test showed: &amp;#233; works. Don't know if thats enough for you.

Michael

Re: Asking the right mailling list (was: Re: Serious error in Xalan -- parsing stylesheet PIs -- URGENT.)

Posted by Sebastien Koechlin I-VISION <sk...@n-soft.com>.
Michael Scheuner a écrit :

> Hi!
> >
> > I really need to make Cocoon output decimal entities instead of
> > using a charset (I mean it should output '&#233;' instead of 'é')
> > but I don't know which part is in charge of this.
> > Cocoon ? Xalan ? Xerces-J ?
>
> A quick test showed: &amp;#233; works. Don't know if thats enough for you.

Sorry, I did not explain very well:

I have a WAP phone (or maybe a gateway) that does not understand
charset encoding.
If I send an XML document using ISO-something encoding, or UTF-8,
I get garbage instead of my character when it's value is over 127.

The only solution is to send thoses characters as decimal entities.

If I send
	<tags..>Déjeuner</tags..>

It display something like
	D@~jeuner
(It look like something translated my XML file into UTF-8,
but it is displayed as if it was a 8bits charset. As I
have no control over clients software, I can not correct
this bug).

I need cocoon to output the string like:
	D&#233;jeuner

and then, displayed characters are OK.

--
Sebastien Koechlin