Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Paul Berschick <pb...@newthinking.de> on 2019/08/13 09:45:11 UTC

Re: ACEU 19

Hi Pierre,

thanks for your offer to help! Julian has just drafted an invitation
email and sent it to comdev (now CC'd as well). I'll quickly paste it in
here, any feedback is appreciated:

    Dear Apache Project PMC Members:

    There will be space at ACEU 2019 dedicated to a hackathon. The space
    will be available on 23./24.10 from the start of each day’s schedule
    until 7:00 PM, with the possible exception of during keynote and
    single-track / conference-wide events.

    We want to invite everybody to participate on the Hackathon.
    Collaborative development on project source code, improvements to
    project documentation, and development of example apps or tools
    built upon one or more Apache projects are all encouraged.
    Furthermore, it's a nice opportunity to get in touch with other
    contributors.

    More details will be available leading up to the event, but here’s
    generally what to expect:
    - Dedicated space with chairs, power, wifi, snacks, and caffeine.
    - Tables dedicated to specific participating projects.
    - ‘Getting Started’ discussions for new and aspiring committers
    - (industrial) IoT Corner with industrial equipment to code against

    With most logistical concerns now attended to, we are identifying
    interested participants, promoters, and coordinators. Are you an PMC
    member or committer willing to do the following on behalf of your
    project:
    - Operate a dedicated hackathon table for some time
    - Designate collaborative work for your project’s table to help
    hackers focus
    - Encourage your community to hack at your project’s table
    - Spread the word throughout your commuity!

    Interested? Reply to planners@apachecon.com to reserve a table for
    some time for your project that we can advertise to your community.

    We are currently working out a Hackathon schedule that will be
    posted, letting attendees know when they should expect activities
    related to their project and various open sessions to take place. If
    you will take on the lead role for your project, we will work with
    you to plan, prepare, and generate interest in the wider community.

    If you aren’t interested in hacking yourself but want to help
    others, we could also use persons who are willing to do one or more
    of the following:
    - Operate the primary information table in the hackathon space for
    several hours
    - Give a short introductory tools or skills presentation / answer
    questions

    Thanks!
    ACEU Hackathon Organization Team

    P.S. We invite anyone who has ideas to share with the planning
    committee, or is considering participating in any way, to let us
    know via dev@community.apache.org

I'm sure there will be plenty more to do in order to prepare the
hackathon and we will gladly get back to you :)
Thank you very much!

Best,
Paul

--
Paul Berschick
newthinking communications GmbH

t: +49 30 92105-977
e: pbe@newthinking.de
http://www.newthinking.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
HRB 102015 B
Geschäftsführung: Andreas Gebhard

Re: ACEU 19

Posted by Andrew Garza <ag...@gmail.com>.
Please include more info.

Re: ACEU 19

Posted by Paul Berschick <pb...@newthinking.de>.
Hi Julian,

usually I'd say you're right, but Myrle asked me to do it :)
I can (and will) send it out via my berschick@apache.org address, which
will probably help with the moderation, I think.

Best,
Paul

Re: ACEU 19

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.