Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Tsui, Alban" <Al...@COGNOS.com> on 2003/03/10 13:25:20 UTC

request bug in cocoon?

Hi

I am trouble using Request in my xsp when I do
request.getParameterValues("xxx") when "xxx" doesn't exist on my url.

In theory, if it is not there this should return null but I got a
nullPointerException. After looking at the codes... I found the following:

    public String[] getParameterValues(String name) {
        String[] values = this.req.getParameterValues(name);
        if (this.form_encoding == null) {
            return values;
        }
        String[] decoded_values = new String[values.length];
        for (int i = 0; i < values.length; ++i) {
            decoded_values[i] = decode(values[i]);
        }
        return decoded_values;
    }

Since I have set the encoding (via an action), the logic in the above
funciton will fall in the line

	String[] decoded_values = new String[values.length];

But what happens if values is null from the first line

	String[] values = this.req.getParameterValues(name);

surely values.length will fail straight away!

What should I do about this?

Cheers
Alban