Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/05/07 15:07:30 UTC

Re: creating a Doc using HDF

Email the poi-dev mailing list.  I've forwarded this there.

-And

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: creating a Doc using HDF

Posted by Ryan Ackley <sa...@cfl.rr.com>.
Praveen,

HDF currently only supports reading Microsoft's Word file format. We know
this is a shortcoming in HDF and are actively seeking contributors to remedy
this. You seem like an excellent candidate. In the meantime, I would suggest
that you use the OpenOffice SDK (http://www.openoffice.org). It is almost
platform-independent because it runs on most mainstream operating systems,
Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, and Mac (I think?)

Also, if I may make a suggestion. If you want our continued goodwill DO NOT
SPAM ALL MY FRIGGIN EMAIL ADDRESSES WITH A QUESTION DAMMIT!!! Next time I
will not respond. Use the poi-dev mailing list if you have a POI related
question...

poi-dev@jakarta.apache.org

Ryan Ackley

Re: creating a Doc using HDF

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
Still getting a lot of direct requests for help huh Andy?  :-)

-- Glen

At 11:07 PM 7/05/2003, you wrote:
>Email the poi-dev mailing list.  I've forwarded this there.
>
>-And
>
>On 5/8/03 9:01 AM, "Praveen Mathew" <pr...@in.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi  Andy,
> >                   Sorry to disturb you, but I coudnt find another way. I
> > need to make a file convertor from an HTML file to Microsoft Word Document
> > in a platform independent way.  I think only POI project of apache.org
> > gives the open source for doing that in Java.
> > As I see the best way to proceed is using HDF API's but since its not
> > completed, I am stuck up.
> > Being one of the main authors of HDF I request you to help me in this
> > regard.
> >                   After going through all the source files of HDF given
> > in the scratchpad of apache.org, I feel they are mainly used for Reading an
> > existing Doc file into the POIFS filesystem and representing it in a
> > HDFDocument model.
> > Since my aim is to create a Doc from an HTML file I have to implement a
> > reverse technique. can you please give me some inputs regarding the same.
> > Your help is deeply appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Praveen
> >
> > Praveen Mathew
> > IBM Software Labs,
> > Airport Road,
> > Bangalore 560 017
> > Email: prmathew@in.ibm.com
> >

>--
>Andrew C. Oliver
>http://www.superlinksoftware.com/poi.jsp
>Custom enhancements and Commercial Implementation for Jakarta POI
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
>For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au