Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dimitrios <se...@altered.com> on 2004/07/27 02:24:34 UTC

[OT] procmail help

I'm sorry for posting this here, i understand the SA list
has nothing to do with procmail, but i feel more comfortable
around you people ;)

I'm sick and tired of all the 'postmaster', your message
contains a virus or some other crap that i keep getting
from servers administered by idiots.

I'd like to add a rule in my procmail that stops
all emails with a From: address that contains 'postmaster'
or 'mailer-daemon', and moves them to /dev/null.

can someone help please?

Re: [OT] procmail help

Posted by LuKreme <kr...@kreme.com>.
On 26 Jul 2004, at 18:24, Dimitrios wrote:
> I'm sorry for posting this here, i understand the SA list
> has nothing to do with procmail, but i feel more comfortable
> around you people ;)
>
> I'm sick and tired of all the 'postmaster', your message
> contains a virus or some other crap that i keep getting
> from servers administered by idiots.

Learn them as the spam they are and very soon Bayes will take them out
of your life forever.

> I'd like to add a rule in my procmail that stops
> all emails with a From: address that contains 'postmaster'
> or 'mailer-daemon', and moves them to /dev/null.

That would be a very bad idea as it would trash legitimate bounces.

:0
* ^FROM_DAEMON
/dev/null

IIRC, but really, don't do this.

--
"As God as my witness, I though turkeys could fly," Arthur Carlson,
WKRP in Cincinnati

Re: [OT] procmail help

Posted by Dimitrios <se...@altered.com>.
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:36:07 -0600 "Andrew Ott" <ao...@actcom.net> wrote:

> Should take care of it, after writing that, I betting that will kill your
> own postmaster messages to yourself too, so be careful in use.

thank you, much appriciated!

btw, these emails come to a spamtrap account which i occasionaly use to
register to sites (and let them send me 'permission marketing crap'),
so postmaster emails are of no real use.

RE: [OT] procmail help

Posted by Andrew Ott <ao...@actcom.net>.
Something like:

:0
* ^From: .*(mailer-daemon|postmaster).*
/dev/null

Should take care of it, after writing that, I betting that will kill your
own postmaster messages to yourself too, so be careful in use.

Andrew Ott               Email: aott@prairieweb.com or aott@actcom.net
Network Admin/Webmaster  Web:   www.prairieweb.com or www.actcom.net
Death is Gods way of Dropping Carrier.
God is real, unless declared integer.
God, Root, What's the Difference?  -  UserFriendly.org