Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Anthony Ghosn <dy...@msn.com> on 2012/01/31 00:51:15 UTC

General Question for users

Greetings to all-

How does the W3C protocols play a role in distributed data model through
Hadoop?

Web Services:

Simple Access Object Protocol: SOAP

XML: Extensible Mark Up Language

UDDI: Universal Description Discovery and Integration

WSDL: Web service description language

This is an xml based distributed data model...how does Hadoop fit with Web
Services?  Is it a competing platform? a subset? A superset? Just looking
for some perspective here.

Thanks very much.

My firm has clients that are currently looking at various options for Big
Data and distributed data environments.

Any insight is most appreciated.

Rgrds,

Anthony E. Ghosn

Dynamic Performance Metrics

Office: 888 361 8884

Cell: 909 241 8547

Re: General Question for users

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Hadoop can end up being a lot of things, but it is mainly a distributed
filesystem and a distributed processing layer project-wise. I suggest
reading http://hadoop.apache.org/#What+Is+Apache+Hadoop%3F to begin with.

--
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer