Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/26 23:37:03 UTC

IBM BlueMix Graph Data Store

Hello,

IBM's BlueMix GraphDatabase (as a Service) is TinkerPop3 enabled. I saw a post on this a while a back, but found it again and started following links. For those interested in learning more about IBM's graph database, see:

	https://developer.ibm.com/opentech/2015/07/17/ibm-bluemix-graph-data-store/
	https://graph-data-store-docs.ng.bluemix.net/

I added it to our homepage under "implementations":

	http://tinkerpop.incubator.apache.org/

I know some of the IBM guys are on this list. Anything else worth sharing?

Take care,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: IBM BlueMix Graph Data Store

Posted by Kelvin Lawrence <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marko, so the goal of the service which we are labeling "experimental"
initially is to enable BlueMix users to experiment with graph technology
and experiment with building it into their cloud hosted applications. We
hope to continue to enhance the service over the coming weeks. We have had
several internal and external users comment to us that a graph service
would help them with solutions that they are building. I suspect initially
people will build quite small graphs as they kick the tires but the service
does not physically stop them from creating decent sized ones. I also
imagine most people will use the graph as part of a bigger solution
probably incorporating other BlueMix big data and analytics services that
are being rolled out. The service itself leverages Tinkerpop 3 over a REST
API and allows people coding in various languages (including
Node.js/Javascript users which is a big community for us) to create and
manipulate a graph. While you folks have been doing graph for years a lot
of the people we have spoken to are coming to property graphs in particular
for the first time so we hope the service will provide an easy way to get
started on the learning and experimenting path.

I will happily report back here on any feedback we get specific to
Tinkerpop 3 etc.

Cheers
Kelvin