Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com> on 2005/07/22 04:39:00 UTC

Need some assistance

I am having a bit of a hard time with some webservices in Tomcat
deployment.  This "appears" to be an issue with servlet end points only
as EJBs seem to deploy fine.

The issue seems to occur when the TomcatWebContext is being deployed.
The error occurs on lone 78 in the GeronimoStandardContext when setting
up the ReadOnlyContext.  This is the call:

((ClassLoaderAwareReference) value).setClassLoader(ctx.getWebClassLoader());

The issue is I get the stack trace shown below.  I am having a hard time
understanding why I am getting this...so before I pull every hair out of
my head and go blind staring into my powerbook...I was hoping someone
could lend an idea or two as to why this occurs.  Ultimately the
DeserializingReference can't find the CGLib generated class...blah!

org.apache.geronimo.axis.client.ServiceImpl$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$d4ba7d5a
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.ClassLoading.loadClass(ClassLoading.java:101)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.ObjectInputStreamExt.resolveClass(ObjectInputStreamExt.java:45)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1513)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1435)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1626)
         at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
         at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.naming.reference.DeserializingReference.setClassLoader(DeserializingReference.java:47)

Re: Need some assistance

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
DJ...Thanks!

Re: Need some assistance

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
sorry, thought this was something else.

The enhanced classes get put into the configuration's classloader.
Offhand I would suspect the tomcat classloader has the wrong parent or
is somehow masking accessibility to the classes in the configuration
classloader.  I remember it took some work to make jetty work properly.

david jencks

Re: Need some assistance

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.

Re: Need some assistance