Posted to dev@oozie.apache.org by Shwetha Shivalingamurthy <ss...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/02/11 06:39:44 UTC

Bundling hadoop and hcat dependencies in oozie war by default

Hi All,

By default, hadoop and hcat depedencies are not part of the oozie war and users have to add them to libext. With new versions of hadoop and hive, libext contains a lot of jars and almost always result in class conflicts. Recently, we have -Puber option while building oozie, which adds all the required jars in the oozie war and libext set-up is not required for starting oozie. I have used this option and haven't seen any issues.

Can we make -Puber as the default option? For users who don't want to bundle these dependencies, we can add an extra profile/property? This will be a backward incompatible change.

Regards,
Shwetha