Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Souillard <Ch...@ext.bull.net> on 2006/04/14 10:24:52 UTC

JBI endpoint

Hi all,

I am a bit confused with the jbiendpoint declaration in description files.

What is the default value for each attribute (if there is one) ?
    -> defaultmep : ?
    -> role ?

I have a running example which is the following :
client  ->  JMS BC -> NMR -> BPEL

To do that, I have deployed the wsdl file of my bpel process to sm-jms
component. I have added two kinds of extensibility  elements :
        1) <jms:binding> and <jms:address> to configure my jms component
        2) <jbi:endpoint role="consumer" defaultOperation="tns:initiate"/>
             Here I have a problem... consumer is the role of the jms
component as it consumes the bpel SE service. The defaultOperation
attribute concerns the bpel SE. So in conclusion, the jbi endpoint
contains many attributes : some are for the "current" component and some
others for the "destination" service ?

I have another example : client -> http BC -> NMR -> bpel -> nmr -> jms
BC -> client
In the xbean xml file I deploy to http BC, the endpoint defines :
service = destination service (bpel)
endpoint = destination endpoint (bpel)
defaultOperation = destination defaultOperation (bpel)
role = consumer (http component role)
locationURI = locationURI of the http compoennt
defaultmep=inonly (http component)

Perhaps I am missing something but this is not very clear for me...

Thanks a lot for your help.
Charles

Re: JBI endpoint

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
All these attributes are described at http://servicemix.org/servicemix-http
They provide the necessary informations for the component to listen to
external incoming requests, transform them to a normalized message and
send them to the NMR.
Some of the informations are optional and may be deduced from the wsdl
description and the incoming message.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet