Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/11 14:19:00 UTC

Query for last (composite) columns

Hi,

I am new to Cassandra and trying to understand whether it's a good fit for
my problems. So here is a case from my domain:

Assume that we're storing session events of users in composite columns
within a column family partitioned by user id. This is from an example
given about composite columns in the following page:
https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax/wiki/Examples

What I would like to query for is that last session events of each user.
(So it's like a group-by query.) Can I get this information in a single
query and would it be an efficient way to do it (regarding the schema or
the query)? A CQL 3 solution would be great if possible. Any other
suggestions are also welcome.

Ersin Er