Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ranju Jain <Ra...@ericsson.com.INVALID> on 2021/02/10 13:02:53 UTC

Spark Kubernetes 3.0.1 | podcreationTimeout not working

Hi,

I submitted the spark job and pods goes in Pending state because of insufficient resources.
But they are not getting deleted after this timeout of 60 sec. Please help me in understanding.

Regards
Ranju

Re: Spark Kubernetes 3.0.1 | podcreationTimeout not working

Posted by Attila Zsolt Piros <pi...@gmail.com>.
I believe this problem led to opening SPARK-34389 where the problem is
discussed further.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-34389

Re: Spark Kubernetes 3.0.1 | podcreationTimeout not working

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@japila.pl>.
Hi Ranju,

Can you show the pods and their state? Does the situation happen at the
very beginning of spark-submit or some time later (once you've got a couple
of executors)? My understanding allows me to think of the driver not
starting up due to lack of resources or executors. In either case they're
not deleted as they simply wait forever. I might be mistaken here though.

What property is this for "this timeout of 60 sec."?

Pozdrawiam,
Jacek Laskowski
----
https://about.me/JacekLaskowski