Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au> on 2018/04/20 23:57:55 UTC

SSL Secure Endpoints never fully utilised by River services

It's clear to me now that the Jini team never fully completed the
integration of JERI with Jini.

The evidence: call backs to event listeners are not run with the
service's logged in subject, this prevents secure endpoints from
establishing connections for call backs.

I have rectified this in my local code and am running tests.

Just thought you might be interested to know.

Regards,

Peter.

Re: SSL Secure Endpoints never fully utilised by River services

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
Right, so I've added a couple of convenience methods to
net.jini.security.Security

Now all service implementations capture their context at creation and
executors run with that context, when performing remote calls.

/**
      * Decorates a callable with the given context, and allows it to be
      * executed within that context.
      *
      * @param <V> The type of the object returned from Callable.call().
      * @param callable The callable to execute with the given context.
      * @param context The context in which the callable is to execute.
      * @return The callable to be submitted to an ExecutorService.
      */
     public static <V> Callable<V> withContext(Callable<V> callable,
AccessControlContext context)

     public static Runnable withContext(Runnable runnable,

Posted by Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>.

Posted by Peter <ji...@zeus.net.au>.