Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/28 18:50:41 UTC

Documentation format

Hi all,

We already started a discussion about that, and as I said before I've done a
quite simple proof of concept of a format I've developed for this purpose.

Here is the link:
http://xavier.hanin.free.fr/ivy/index.html

For the moment I've tested with recent Firefox, IE and Opera, so it may
break with other browsers. The first page explains the intention. for the
moment it's only a draft, I didn't want to spend too much time on it. But it
already gives a good overview of what could be done, and the migration of
pages from existing doc were only done with a very simple copy paste with
almost no edition required, so generating from the drupal export would be
very easy (a couple of hour to write a migration script would be mostly
enough).

Any feedback is welcome!

Xavier

Re: Documentation format

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I had no feedback on the documentation format I proposed a few weeks ago, so
I assumed everybody was fine with it :-) I've spent a few hours in train
last week (moving everyday from brussels to antwerpen for javapolis) to
improve the engine and make the code cleaner. You can have a look online
here:
http://xavier.hanin.free.fr/ivy/index.html
To get the idea of the doc format and how it works, I recommend to download
the zip:
http://xavier.hanin.free.fr/ivy/ivy-doc.zip<http://xavier.hanin.free.fr/ivy/index.html>
Then you will see a toolbar when you browse the doc, and should quickly
understand how it works (I strongly recommend firefox where you'll be able
to use keyboard shortcuts).

If nobody see any particular problem with this format, I plan to write the
converter from drupal doc to this format next week, to migrate the doc to
the ASF site.

Xavier