Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 2000/11/05 04:29:06 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3 STATUS

wrowe@locus.apache.org wrote:

>  +    * Parse the ServerName arg for invalid characters at startup.
>  +      Bug report 6787 and others are very confused that these bugs
>  +      don't appear until requests to the invalid hostname are
>  +      rejected in http_protocol.c - wasting bug reviewers time.

This type of bug report ("my names work in 1.3.9 but not in more
recent versions because I erroneously think '_' is a valid hostname
character") will go away when I commit the iDNS patch.

Tony.
--
en oeccget g mtcaa    f.a.n.finch
v spdlkishrhtewe y    dot@dotat.at

> >  +    * Parse the ServerName arg for invalid characters at startup.
> >  +      Bug report 6787 and others are very confused that these bugs
> >  +      don't appear until requests to the invalid hostname are
> >  +      rejected in http_protocol.c - wasting bug reviewers time.
>
> This type of bug report ("my names work in 1.3.9 but not in more
> recent versions because I erroneously think '_' is a valid hostname
> character") will go away when I commit the iDNS patch.

I know... just added it for the same reason you noted the byterange bug.

Just making sure none of us slip :-)