Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Gerd Hoerst <ge...@hoerst.net> on 2022/04/26 17:21:41 UTC

Compile on Ubuntu 22.04 => openssl

Hi !

i tried to compile the 1.4.0 package for Ubuntu 22.04 but i get some of
this errors...

make[3]: Verzeichnis
„/root/develop/guacamole-server-1.4.0/src/common-ssh“ wird betreten
   CC       libguac_common_ssh_la-key.lo
key.c: In function ‘guac_common_ssh_key_alloc’:
key.c:63:9: error: ‘PEM_read_bio_RSAPrivateKey’ is deprecated: Since
OpenSSL 3.0 [-Werror=deprecated-declarations]
    63 |         rsa_key = PEM_read_bio_RSAPrivateKey(key_bio, NULL,
NULL, passphrase);
       |         ^~~~~~~
In file included from key.c:33:

Ciao Gerd

Re: Compile on Ubuntu 22.04 => openssl

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 12:36 PM Alejandro Hernandez <ah...@safedataserver.com>
wrote:

> Understood... thanks!
>
> Another question, probably very basic for this forum but... I'm looking in
> the git the equivalent file to:
>

> https://apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/guacamole/1.4.0/source/guacamole-server-1.4.0.tar.gz
>

> But can't find it... it is not built yet? what do I have to do? where do I
> look for it?

Well, no, not really -the files only get built during the release process.
That said, it is possible to get a zip file of the git master repo - if you
go to the github page, there is a green "code" button and you can click
that and there is a "Download ZIP" link that will download the git code.

-NIck

Re: Compile on Ubuntu 22.04 => openssl

Posted by Alejandro Hernandez <ah...@safedataserver.com>.

Understood... thanks!

Another question, probably very basic for this forum but... I'm looking
in the git the equivalent file to:

https://apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/guacamole/1.4.0/source/guacamole-server-1.4.0.tar.gz

But can't find it... it is not built yet? what do I have to do? where do
I look for it?

Thanks againnnnn

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alejandro Hernandez <ah...@safedataserver.com>.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the update Mike!

Something I don't have clear, probably because mi lack of experience
with the git:

If I download the server from the "official" Guacamole site:

https://guacamole.apache.org/releases/1.4.0/

Thats the version that has the mentioned problems, so instead I should
download from the git:

https://github.com/apache/guacamole-server

Why the download link isn't updated on the main site? The git still a
work in progress / beta version that may have some other issues???

THANKS!!!!

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 28, 2022 at 3:54 AM Gerd Hoerst <ge...@hoerst.net> wrote:

> hi !
>
> is it possible to get the actual git client compiled like for v 1.4.0 ?

Yes, you might try a different version of the JDK - 8 works fine, I think
11 works, as well. Some of the other versions, like 17 or 18, may have
issues. Other than that it may just be an issue with how your distribution
sets up the JDK. But, in general, it compiles fine.

-Nick

Re: Compile on Ubuntu 22.04 => openssl

Posted by Gerd Hoerst <ge...@hoerst.net>.

hi !