Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sandeep dhingra <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2007/12/19 23:22:18 UTC

Specifying filename at runtime

Hi ,
I want to run jmeter in master slave mode.The jmeter client I want to run from slave machine should have different input file in the CSV input than the jmeter client at the  masters.To do that ,I was trying to parameterizing filename with some variablename  like ${file} which probably can be read from another csv filewith same name (in slave's jmeter/bin directory) so that I can have different input files at master and slave.But it doesn't work.As the files which need to be read are probably loaded during the initialization and later on working on new files might not be possible.Is there a workaround?

Regards,
Sandeep dhingra

Re: Specifying filename at runtime

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
A work-round would be to use the same filename with different contents.

Alternatively use a property instead of a variable and define the
property on the command line or in user.properties.