Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by mlabs <ml...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/27 09:20:24 UTC

resource problem..

I declare a base markup page like so:

<head>
    <title>My Wicket App</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

href="resources/com.mycompany.webconsole.app.WebConsoleApplication/resources/style.css"/>
</head>

and I have my style.css file in a folder under the app folder that contains
the WebConsoleApplication class...

the CSS doesn't seem to get picked up...

examining the rendered page in firebug I see that the href has been
magically changed to :
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

href="../resources/com.mycompany.webconsole.app.WebConsoleApplication/resources/style.css"/>

the '../' is screwing me up here but I have no idea why it gets rendered
like that....

any ideas?

apologies in advance if this is a dumb question....

Re: resource problem..

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
In the HTML, it would like this:

  <head>
    <title>Log In</title>
    <wicket:link>
        <link wicket:id="stylesheet"/>
    </wicket:link>
  </head>

So the WicketID CSS placeholder is where you would normally put a static CSS
declaration. Note the <wicket:link> around it.

Second, in Java,

add(new StyleSheetReference("stylesheet", SomeClass.class, "main.css"));

where SomeClass.java resides in the same folder as the file (in my case
"main.css").

Re: resource problem..

Posted by mlabs <ml...@gmail.com>.
can you elaborate on that quick solution ?  i'm getting errors about not
finding the wicket:id .. the stylesheet link was in the HEAD section .. do I
need to move that? if not, how do I add the link on the java side?
TIA

Re: resource problem..

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
A quick solution, in case anyone's interested:

1) In your HTML: replace your stylesheet reference as below.

<wicket:link>
    <link wicket:id="stylesheet"/>
</wicket:link>

2) In your Java:

add(new StyleSheetReference("stylesheet", SomeClass.class, "file.css"));

3) The .CSS file and the SomeClass.java must be in the same folder. Replace
with any class which resides in the same folder as the .CSS file.

Re: resource problem..

Posted by eugenebalt <eu...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, but where should this renderHead() be overridden? I am working with a
WebPage, and I couldn't find an overridable method there.

Re: resource problem..

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Use
#renderHead(IHeaderResponse response) {
   response.renderCssReference(new
PackageResourceReference(WebConsoleApplication.class,
"resources/style.css"));
}

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM, mlabs <ml...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I declare a base markup page like so:
>
> <head>
>    <title>My Wicket App</title>
>    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
>
> href="resources/com.mycompany.webconsole.app.WebConsoleApplication/resources/style.css"/>
> </head>
>
> and I have my style.css file in a folder under the app folder that contains
> the WebConsoleApplication class...
>
> the CSS doesn't seem to get picked up...
>
> examining the rendered page in firebug I see that the href has been
> magically changed to :
> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
>
> href="../resources/com.mycompany.webconsole.app.WebConsoleApplication/resources/style.css"/>
>
> the '../' is screwing me up here but I have no idea why it gets rendered
> like that....
>
> any ideas?
>
> apologies in advance if this is a dumb question....

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com