Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Manminder Singh Sodhi <so...@husky.neu.edu> on 2014/06/19 22:31:34 UTC

Help regarding Open Source Projects

Hi all,

                 I am Manminder Singh Sodhi studying as a graduate student
at Northeastern University, Boston.
I am Information Systems major and learning about programming as a part of
my curriculum.
I like to learn more about the open source project as well like to
contribute to it to my best ability.
I am emailing as I like to receive suggestions regarding where to start. I
am more Java programmer but
I don't want to be only Java programmer and like to learn more and new
languages.

                 I look forward for replies and suggestion regarding where
should I start in this open source project.

Thank you,
Warm Regards,
Manminder Singh Sodhi,
Master's in Information Systems,
Northeastern University, Boston.

Re: Help regarding Open Source Projects

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Manminder Singh Sodhi wrote:
> I like to learn more about the open source project as well like to
> contribute to it to my best ability.
> I am emailing as I like to receive suggestions regarding where to start.

Welcome! Start here:
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-development.html
and please let us know every time you find a problem, and we can discuss
it together. Once you get your first build done, you will be ready for
more interesting work! Consider subscribing this dev list, see

   Andrea.

Re: Help regarding Open Source Projects

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
Hello, OpenOffice is mainly developed in C++ and is a great project to
contribute with this language. Yet you can also use other languages
like Java, Python, etc.

Please read the Developer modules to download and build the
application and perform the easy hack to get to know the arquitecture,
and design of the application.

Here some links:
http://openoffice.apache.org/contributing-code.html

--