Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Robert Zeigler <ro...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/13 21:06:21 UTC

cay-1181 (wrong default cgen folder)

Hey all, this is now working for me, but, as mentioned in my comment,
I had to wipe out my preferences first.  I'm still in the process of
fully grokking the stack surrounding modeler preferences, so I'm not
sure if this is due to some issue with my prefs, or some issue with
the code as it stands now; so I'd appreciate it if someone could check
out the modeler from trunk and see if the modeler now correctly
"remembers" a modified output folder.

Thanks,

Robert

Re: cay-1181 (wrong default cgen folder)

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Thanks Robert. I was going to do that.

The biggest problem with the preferences is HSQLDB locking. The lock
file is left around if the Modeler stops abnormally (e.g. if killed
from Eclipse). The recovery strategy is very naive - CM would copy the
locked database into a separate DB file, and keep working with it. So
once you close and reopen the modeler, you won't see prefs from the
last session, but rather the same copy from the locked original would
occur.

This is one of those outstanding old issues that we never have time to
look at. I guess the best strategy would be to drop Cayenne as a
preferences mechanism, and start using Java Preferences API.

Andrus

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Just verified. Works perfect for me now. I closed the Jira.