Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by "Jana K." <Id...@seznam.cz> on 2018/04/02 05:24:24 UTC

language settings for downloaded Open Office

Greetings,

is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,
however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change it
to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
Czech.

Thanks,

Jane

Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Jane,

You can always download a language pack (en-US) for your version of AOO
from here:
https://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html

After installing it you can change the user interface to English under
"Nástroje - Volby... - Jazyková nastavení - Jazyki".

I think you have to download the English dictionary additionally from here:
https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/english-dictionaries-apache-openoffice

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by "Jana K." <Id...@seznam.cz>.
I found out how: uninstall existing Open Office and download the English
version.
---------- Původní e-mail ----------
Od: Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>
Komu: users@openoffice.apache.org
Datum: 2. 4. 2018 12:05:48
Předmět: Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office
"

On 02/04/18 3:24 PM, Jana K. wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> is there a way to get Open Office in English? I'm American working in the
> Czech Rep., and I purchased a computer with Open Office from my co-worker,

> however, it's in Czech - all the toolbars, etc.. Is there a way to change
it
> to English? Can't find one, perhaps for the very reason that it's all in
> Czech.

The simplest solution is to download it free from the download page at
www.openoffice.org
And go to the extension page to download the Czech language extension

"

Re: language settings for downloaded Open Office

Posted by Martin Groenescheij <Ma...@Groenescheij.COM>.