Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Dale Monti <dm...@linoma.com> on 2004/06/21 21:50:58 UTC

Applying HSSFDataFormat to a value.

Hi,
I am reading a spread sheet and would like to display the formatted cell the same way it appears in Excel. For example in Excel the value appears as $30.00.

HSSFCell cell
HSSFDataFormat format = book.createDataFormat();

I use cell.getNumericCellValue() which returns 30.0 and
format.getFormat(cell.getCellStyle().getDataFormat()) which returns ($#,##0.00);($#,##0.00)

How to I put them together to get $30.00 ?

I would really appreciate a response, even if the response is 'you can't do that'.

Thanks in advance

Re: Applying HSSFDataFormat to a value.

Posted by Dale Monti <dm...@linoma.com>.
After some digging I found the following class that was helpful.
src\contrib\src\org\apache\poi\hssf\contrib\view\SVTableCellRenderer.java

Re: creating fonts

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@itellix.com>.
Styles are always created anew, and its the application writers
responsibility to track and cache them. I would imagine font objects
behave similarly, cant be sure without checking the code.

(was creating fonts) now findFont(...)

Posted by Chris Cheshire <cc...@bigredwire.com>.
OK so I grabbed the CVS tree for poi to have a look myself and the short
answer is no, it creates a new font.

However directly underneath it is a method called findFont that is not
in the javadoc published on the web. It contains a lot of System.out
calls, so is this a work in progress? (I don't particularly want the poi
debug stuff in my log files)

Also, out of curiosity, there what is up with the index 4 in the font
table? There is code in there to skip it. Why is this?

Thanks

Chris

creating fonts

AW: Applying HSSFDataFormat to a value.

Posted by "KHZ (SAW)" <ka...@sawag.com>.
Hi Dale.

It's something similar to

		oCS.setDataFormat(oFmt.getFormat("dd.MM.yyyy"));

(just adapted to your format; numbers we didn't have to format up to
yet).

So you just should replace my date format above by your number format
below.

Regards,	Karl-Heinz.